Being a mum for the first-time can be a mixture of exciting and scary all rolled into one. This is especially the case if you are going to be a single parent. This is certainly going to be the best journey you will go on! With that in mind, read on to discover a number of different baby care hacks for first time mums that can help you along the way.
Medication and teething hacks
If you take a look online, you will see that a lot of parents have shared their hacks when it comes to teething and ensuring their child gets medication if needed. Some of the hacks are useless, others are great, so we thought we would pick a couple that we think will definitely help.
The first is to invest in a baby pacifier medicine dispenser. A lot of parents state that this is the best thing that they ever bought for their newborn. We all know that it can be very difficult to get babies to take the medicine they need. However, with this clever device, it looks just like a dummy, yet it will ensure that your child consumes the medicine that is needed for his or her upset stomach or fever. It will save you a few headaches that is for sure!
The second hack in this regard is to make your own homemade teething solution. It really isn’t difficult, so don’t worry. All you need to do is grab a soft baby cloth and then put some apple sauce or any other type of fruit sauce inside. You will only need a small amount. You should then roll it up and put it in the freezer. Once it has frozen, your baby can suck on it while they are teething and this will provide them with great relief, and you will get relief from the crying in the process too.
Make the most of reusable nappies
A lot of parents have not heard about reusable nappies. However, they offer a great way for you to save some cash and to make your life a lot easier. You can read this guide to reusable nappies for more information. Not only can reusable nappies save you a lot of money because it means you do not need to keep making the same purchase again and again but they can also be very beneficial in terms of the environment. Did you know that around eight million nappies are thrown away per day in the UK? This is a shocking statistic, and one that we can all do something about if we opt for reusable nappies.
Buy baby’s clothes from a wholesaler
If you take a look on the internet you will see that there is a huge number of baby wholesale companies. Because of this, each wholesaler needs to stand out from the crowd in order to attract the greatest amount of business. One of the ways they do this is through offering a ‘no minimum order restriction’. This means buyers have the opportunity to purchase as little as one garment from the company in question. Consequently, this opens up wholesalers to the average buyer, as well as retail shops and e-stores. This presents an ideal opportunity for parents who are looking to buy clothes for their baby. Keeping that in mind, read on to discover the advantages of buying wholesale baby clothing…
- Low Prices – One of the main reasons why you should consider going down this route is because you will have the chance to take advantage of some excellent prices. After all, these items are being sold with the purpose of then being sold again. Thus, cheap rates are assured. This is particularly beneficial in relation to baby clothes. After all, babies grow quickly, and before you know it your little one will have outgrown the clothes you have bought them. Therefore, the cost savings prove to be particularly advantageous.
- Style – If you want your baby to be the most stylish of them all, purchasing from a wholesaler is definitely the way to go. After all, wholesalers need to be ahead of the game, as businesses are going to make their orders in advance. This means that you will always be ahead of the fashion trends. Harper Beckham eat your heart out!
- Choice – Aside from the points that have been mentioned, you are also likely to find that most baby wholesale companies present a greater amount of choice. Again, this is usually because they are catering to the overall industry and the demand from various stores, instead of one target consumer base. This gives you the opportunity to take advantage of a varied selection of baby clothing and because of this there is an increased chance that you will be able to find exactly what you are looking for.
- Originality – If you take a look online you will see that there are a lot of standard stores that seem to be generic. Many companies sell exactly the same clothing and accessories as one and other. You won’t experience this with wholesalers, as all baby garments come directly from the factory. Do you really want your beautiful baby to be wearing the same baby romper as everyone else?
It is not difficult to see why purchasing your baby’s clothes from a wholesaler comes highly recommended. Nevertheless, the first thing you need to do is make sure the wholesaler in question offers a ‘no minimum order restriction’. You don’t want to waste your time looking for lovely garments only to discover you are going to need to buy at least one hundred of them!
Aside from the suggestions that have already been mentioned, one thing that parents never seem to get enough of is sleep, and this is certainly the case when it comes to newborns. With that being said, we are going to round this up by taking a look at some general baby sleep tips and tricks that can ensure you and your baby get a good night’s sleep.
- Your baby is going to need to sleep at night and be up during the day
- It is all about routine, which is incredibly hard to keep but so important
- You can use a swaddle to try and help your baby go to sleep but make sure you choose wisely; a lot of people prefer the velcro ones
- Babies need a lot of sleep, for instance, newborns require an average of 14 to 17 hours sleep
- The best thing to do is to try and sleep when your baby sleeps
As you can see, there is a lot that needs to be considered when it comes to being a mum for the first-time. You may be feeling nervous and anxious. It is important to recognise that this is completely normal. Don’t beat yourself up if you make mistakes along the way; this is all part of being a mum. After all, there is no magic formula when it comes to getting it right. So, with that, all that is left to say is enjoy being a mum for the first time and that we hope that these little snippets of advice will be helpful.