From the beginning of time, man’s primary concern was always about finding the means to satiate his hunger. As time went on, the eating habits of people slowly evolved. In this digital era, mobile ordering has caught the attention of people who crave something to eat and need it to be delivered very quickly to them. Of course, some kind of home delivery always existed, and most big chains had hotline numbers from which their customers could order but never before was it more convenient to order food than it is today on a mobile app. Ordering food online from mobile apps have already disrupted the process of food ordering and delivery. And while you are reading through the article and trying to understand the future of food delivery, order a sumptuous and filling wrap from Subway by clicking the link here.
Benefits of Food Ordering Apps
For the Customers
- There is no need for customers to wait in long queues to place an order.
- Price transparency.
- Convenience seeking people can order from anywhere at any time.
- Customers have multiple options to pay for the order.
- Loyalty points and discounts that can lead to savings.
For the Restaurants
- Customers have more time to decide while ordering through a mobile app which in turn leads to them spending and ordering more.
- Food ordering mobile apps allows restaurants to handle orders more accurately without errors.
- Loyalty programs or loyalty points help restaurants retain their existing customers and do more repeat business.
- Mobile food delivery apps act as the medium via which customers can place their orders and track the status of the same. This very feature of mobile apps is perhaps the greatest plus and makes it easier for customers to engage with the restaurant’s activity.
- Having an online presence makes restaurants visible to customers who might have never seen an ad or heard about your business. A mobile app also helps restaurants rank better on different ranking websites.
Mobile food ordering apps not only help to bring more orders, but it also takes care of other issues such as planning activities, reducing errors and wasting food. In an era dominated by mobile technology, there is no way restaurants can hope to thrive in this competitive world without seeking refuge in the marvel of smartphones. Mobile apps help customers to track their orders in real-time. These apps deliver notifications to the customers so that they do not have to wonder where the food is at. All these benefits have certainly made mobile food ordering apps the future of food delivery.
Upcoming trends in Food Ordering & Delivery to watch out for
In our fast-paced world, only the businesses who are willing to adapt to change can survive. With apps such as Swiggy and Zomato taking over most of the market share, there are many features of the food delivery app to engage your target audience. With increasing competition and growing consumer demands, food ordering and delivery businesses are looking to introduce new technologies to meet market needs. A few of the top upcoming trends that have the potential to take the food delivery market by storm are mentioned below:
- Delivery using drones: Lately, Zomato has been testing its new-age delivery technology using drones to shorten the average time taken for delivery from the current average of 30 minutes to about 14-16 minutes. An intelligent solution for beating traffic and delivering on time.
- Robot on wheels: Eat24, manufactured an office table-sized delivery robot along with wheels. To calculate the route and supply food on time, the robot uses sensors, advanced cameras, and a three-dimensional map of the entire city. This robot avoids bad roads, humans, vehicles and pets along with all the other delivery machines by picking the most accurate route.
- Ordering food using smart watches: Smart watches are the ideal food delivery platform for companies to sync their exclusive apps. People can now order meals on their wearable devices with only a few clicks. Domino’s have already launched a customized, easy-to-order Android smart watch app.
- Big data: The role of Big Data is to use the information in their database to understand the pulse of the customers and gauge their emotions. It also helps calculate the delivery time, respond to complaints and feedback and go about various other customisations. With big data, food providers collect and analyze data such as temperate food impacts, real-time road traffic, food buying history, social media customer reviews, food items on the cart, social networking comments and more.
- Ordering food using Cryptocurrency: Crypto has carved a large piece of the niche pie with the growing popularity of blockchain tech. Customers around the world can place orders with any suitable cryptocurrency for deliveries or takeaways. Cryptocurrency has made payment for food delivery convenient, and we have the blockchain technology to thank for this. With the blockchain at our service, every transaction goes into the electronic ledger and this reduces the risk of fraudulent activities.
Thanks to the expanding reach of smart devices and the internet, customers are becoming more demanding. Existing food delivery players work 24 hours a day to bolster their delivery and improve user experience. If a restaurant wishes to ride the success wave with an app like Zomato for food delivery, the above trends must be integrated seamlessly to keep up with future trends.