Our teeth are very precious to us, and this is why, from as early on as possible, we are taught to always brush our teeth religiously after food and candy, in the morning and before bed. Not long after we begin to implement this routine, we start going to a dentist regularly, and after our routine checkups, they will bestow on us the advice we need in order to properly take care of our gums and teeth. And something that every dentist will swear by, is flossing. We know how useful flossing it, getting these bits of food out that we just can’t reach ourselves, and promoting healthier gums and teeth with every floss.
But is it time to move on to a more advanced form of flossing? And if the answer is yes, what could possibly beat dental floss? It’s time to discover the world of cordless water flossers.
Why is it better
Using dental floss comes with its setbacks. The most prevalent being that it can sometimes lead to either very sore or even bleeding gums. Using a water flosser eliminates the onset of direct contact with a solid so there’s no risk of damaging your sensitive gums. You might think there will be an inconvenience in terms of being able to use it anywhere like you can with dental floss, but this is definitely not an issue. This is where the cordless aspect comes in handy. Cordless water flossers are compact and can be carried in your bag and used anywhere. There are a wide variety of shapes, sizes and models out there you can pick from, and here is a list of cordless water flossers that are available on the market so that you can get a head start in figuring out which one suits you best. The point is, you really can’t go wrong, all you need to do is compare the features and see which one you’d like to invest in.
How does it work
This is a world away from our age old dental floss, so there are a couple of things you should know about before you invest in a water flosser. While it will obviously be much more expensive than a roll of dental floss, it will last much longer and give your gums and teeth a much cleaner and effective health benefits.
This flosser uses water pressure that is released through the thin nozzle in order to clean out your mouth and reach those impossible nooks in between your teeth. Let’s go over the general features:
- Portability – They are designed in a way that makes them easy to carry in any bag. They’re made this way so that you can conveniently floss anywhere you go.
- Battery powered/Chargeable option – You can either have one that works off of batteries, or you can invest in a chargeable flosser that also lasts for a considerably long time once it is fully charged.
- Hygienic – replaceable and disposable nozzles – The nozzles are disposable and you are provided with quite a few nozzles in case you’d like to share the flosser with someone, or just to stay hygienic for yourself.
- Adjustable water pressure settings – There are mostly 2 options of pressure on the flosser – high and low pressure. Depending on what you’re comfortable with, you can adjust the water pressure accordingly.
- Water reservoir gives an average of 30 flosses – Water flossers have an area where you can keep refilling the water for flossing, and usually this reservoir can last for up to 30 flosses, depending on the model you have.
- Easy to use controls – The creators of this device always try to make the control as clear and as simple as possible for easy use for you.
It’s safe to say that cordless water flossers are definitely worth it. They’re the next level of dental hygiene and they are certainly worth all the hype. Not only are they gentle and effective, but they also work in places that normal dental floss could not. People who have braces now have a much easier time flossing because of this device. It’s portable and easy to use, as well as having a number of features that really do everything you need and everything that dental floss could not do.