Wood has long been used to furnish and fit residential dwellings, and despite the arrival of composite materials, timber is still the preferred choice for many homeowners, and with such a wide range of timber products available, one can really get creative. For those who love the look of real wood in their home, here are just a few ways you can incorporate quality wood into your interior décor.
- Wooden Venetian Blinds – There are online suppliers and you can , the UK’s number one supplier of bespoke screening. Having the units made to measure assures a perfect fit, and the supplier will give you full instructions on how to measure correctly, which leaves no room for error. The range of timber includes Rosewood and mahogany, and with a range of stylish grain finishes, the screening will complement the décor perfectly.
- Timber Balustrades – There’s nothing like a hand crafted timber handrail for the stairs, and regardless of the shape or size, a local joiner can easily create something ideal and the job can be finished in a few hours.
- Breakfast Bar – If you really want practicality and style combined, having a bespoke breakfast bar fitted along the back wall of the kitchen is an ideal feature, and with matching bar stools and some hanging pendants, the look is complete. This is something that any qualified joiner would be able to undertake, and with the – dining area will be suitably transformed.
- Timber Flooring – While it isn’t the cheapest floor covering, a hardwood floor will certainly give you many years of trouble free use, and with resanding every few years, you can ensure that the surface is always looking in tip top condition. This is a specialised field and you really should talk to a local company that has extensive experience with timber flooring, and they can quote you for a range of timbers that are suitable for flooring.
- Windows and Doors – Despite the emergence of aluminium and uPVC, timber is still the preferred frame materials for both windows and doors. There are specialist companies that will hand craft the double glazed units, and with an endless selection of opening styles, there’s no limit to what can be achieved. You can pair your wooden windows with Venetian blinds. You can for more options.
Timber is still very much favoured by a lot of homeowners, and with some stylish timber Venetian blinds and hardwood flooring, your home will be the envy of your neighbours. Using the Internet, you can browse at your leisure, and when you find what you are looking for, the specialist supplier will be able to give you a free quote.