S and I have had a lovely weekend.
We’ve not had fancy days out; we’ve barely left the house.
We’ve not spent loads of money; I think the grand total of our spending for the weekend was £6.60 and that included my buying a couple of candles yesterday morning.
S ended up sleeping in my bed both nights, and both nights ended up cuddling up to me, something she doesn’t usually do. Usually she settles for just a hand on my shoulder but lately she’s taken to using parts of me as a pillow, which is sometimes uncomfortable but always comforting and guaranteed to have me wake in a great mood.
Besides lots of sleepy cuddles, here are some of the things we got up to this weekend:
- We made biscuits on a whim, because we were both grouchy and bored. They turned out pretty well, and S thoroughly enjoyed eating the mixture off the whisks.
- We walked up the road to a friend’s house and had a cuppa and a chat while feeding treats to her gorgeous dogs. S grinned from ear to ear when the dogs started gently taking treats from her hands!
- We had a shower with S’s delicious new Neal’s Yard baby shampoo which smells divine and can hopefully now be used to wash her hair once a week (we stopped using any products in the shower a long time ago because of her sensitive skin)
- We had lazy mornings in bed watching Despicable Me and giggling.
- We had Auntie A round for Sunday afternoon; the shrieks and giggles coming from the living room as I prepared tea in the kitchen brightened my day to no end.
- We decorated the biscuits we’d made… and made a glorious mess in so doing.
- We had a nice long wander around town, with no need to go into any of the shops other than to try out their escalators.
- We read lots of books, as always.