I’m experimenting with running a linky party. I’ve never run one before, so please bear with me.
I’m also experimenting with positivity. According to Shawn Achor, when you feel positive dopamine floods your system. When you’re feeling positive, you’re 31% more productive.
Writing about three new things you’re grateful for each day, for 21 days in a row, helps to “re-wire” your brain so that it starts to retain the pattern of always looking for the positive in situations.
Don’t worry, I’m not going to do 21 days straight of the Pollyanna thing; I’d drive everyone mad, myself included. But I thought it might benefit us all if we made an effort to think of at least one positive thing that’s happened each week.
So here it is: the Weekly Gratitude Linky. With any luck, I’ll get a badge made up and ready to go for next week!
Here are some things I’m grateful for this week:
- I went to a Damsels in Success meeting on Monday morning, which always makes me feel all inspired and motivated. Fantastic start to my week.
- On Tuesday S woke up early and I didn’t need to be anywhere, so we had stories and giggles in bed before breakfast.
- S’s nursery have had a particularly bad case of Hand, Foot & Mouth going around lately, plus a fairly horrid bug described by one parent as “like the Exorcist in my living room.” To date, S has succumbed to neither and is reasonably chirpy, most of the time.
- Our new bedtime routine means that we have a lot more cuddly, mummy/S time – which is always a good thing.
Here are the rules to this linky:
- Link up a post about gratitude. Something you are thankful for this week. Anything at all, in any format.
- If you like, follow me on Twitter and Facebook. (it’s not compulsory)
- Please make at least some effort to visit and comment on other posts!