The Single Mother Ahoy Podcast: Sugar Free Fun
In this week’s podcast, I’m talking about the latest instalment of my sugar free journey, and how I don’t actually want any chocolate.
[spreaker type=standard width=100% autoplay=false episode_id=6059986]
Here are some of the books I’ve been reading lately:
The Sweet Poison Quit Plan – I’ve just finished reading this one; it’s filled with help and tips for quitting sugar, and lists of which products in the supermarket have most or least sugar.
Year of No Sugar: A Memoir by Eve O. Schaub – a book about how Schaub, her husband and their two daughters went for 12 months without sugar… and how hard it was.
Sweet Nothing by Nicole Mowbray – I’ve only just started this one but it’s the first one I’ve found written by an English person so am interested to see any cultural differences
This video is of a really interesting talk by Dr Robert M Lustig…
And here is a running list of products with added sugar where you might not expect it:
- Pom Bear crisps: marketed to kids; sugar added for reasons I can’t discern.
- Walkers cheese &onion crisps: possibly other brands too but I didn’t check those. I was too heartbroken.
- Worcestershire sauce: other people seem less surprised by this one
- Bisto gravy granules: Ahhhh, I’m going to have to learn to make proper gravy.
- Pretty much every yogurt, ever that’s not plain.