My Dream Kitchen…
When we moved into this flat, the kitchen had been newly fitted – by which I mean, the landlord had completely gutted the entire flat and redone everything. His partner told him off for having put in fixtures and fittings that were “too nice” for a flat they intended to rent out. Our kitchen is small, but considering there are only two of us living here, it’s not too small. There’s also a sizeable kitchen island separating the kitchen from the living room, which is incredibly useful for things like rolling out pastry… or storing a lot of clutter!
I am one of those people who likes to play the dreaming game – the kind where you leaf through Country Living and plan what your kitchen will look like “when I grow up.” Here is my “dream kitchen” list, as it stands right now:
- At least twice the size of the one I have – I want to be able to fit a nice, large pine table in there somewhere. With a vase of fresh flowers on it.
- An Aga – obviously. Everyone wants an Aga, don’t they?
- An oven at waist/eye level – you know, one of those ones toddlers can’t just wander up to and open when they feel like it? (I’m unecided whether to have this in addition to the Aga, considering how often I don’t use the oven I already have)
- A kitchen island with storage space above (for pans) and below (for junk) and perhaps partly a breakfast bar. The kind with tall, wooden stools.
- One of those singing, dancing food processors like TV chefs always happen to have right next to them. The kind that saves you hours of chopping, mixing and blending.
- A dishwasher – mainly to wash the pesky parts of the food processor
- Wipe-clean walls – my current kitchen has them, and they’re bloody amazing.
- Kilner jars with… er… food in – I much prefer glass jars to plastic.
- A clever, miraculous storage system for all the plastic boxes and weirdly-shaped items you amass over the course of a lifetime (or is it just me).
- A brand, spanking new fridge freezer (my current appliance actually did come from a skip and while it works perfectly, it makes worrying, expensive-sounding noises.
- Lots of cupboards and shelves for all the random food and appliances I tend to buy
- A shelf especially for my recipe books, of which there are many.
- One of those fancy taps that filters your water as it pours it… and produces boiling water too
- A tasteless, novelty cookie jar – perhaps one of the awful ones that make a noise when you open it
- A cleaner/housekeeper – all of that fancy stuff is going to take a lot of maintenance!
- Obviously no washing machine/tumble dryer – they’ll be in the utility room.
Do you have a dream kitchen?
Mim @ www.mamamim.com
You seem to have described my dream kitchen too! Now, how can we get one like it for free?? I have absolutely no need for an aga but I just want one anyway. #weekendbloghop (a little late!) Mim @ www.mamamim.com recently posted...Aquaint 100% Natural Sanitising Water Review & Giveaway!