A Script for Parenting
There are certain phrases I hear myself saying to S over and over (and over) again… Here are some of them:
- Ahh, cuddles for Mummy! What a lucky Mummy I am!
- Oooooh, you’re so gorgeous, I could put you in a pie and eat you!
- Please put your legs down! (when she’s in the buggy)
- Not Mummy’s glasses please, I need those!
- Where’s S? Where’s my S? Where’s she gone? There she is! Peekaboo!
- Where’s Mummy? Where’s Mummy gone? Where is she? Here she is! Peekaboo!
- C’mere and let me wipe that nose!
- Uh-uh, you know the rules: when we’re outside the hat stays on your head please!
- Please stop throwing your food on the floor just so you can practice saying “uh-oh!”
- Where’s Ted gone? Can you go and find Ted? Where is he?
- Awwww my little pickle, Mummy loves you SO much!
I say most of these about 50 times every day, mostly without even really thinking about it.
Do you have a set script for parenting? What are the things you repeat over and over again?