Beautiful Mama Blog Award
- Save the image, and use it in my acceptance post (done!)
- List three things I love about motherhood
- Nominate as many deserving mamas as I like, and let them know I have done so…
- It sorted me right out. I’ve had mental issues for a long time, and had a rather spectacular breakdown a couple of years ago. I was still struggling to recover from that when I met S’s father and got pregnant, and pretty much went right back to square one. Now here I am, mother of the most gorgeous almost-one-year-old, and I find that mental health is not such a major issue any more. There’s little time for self-obsessed navel-gazing when you’ve someone else to think about, 24/7. This is not me saying that people who have kids and still struggle with mental health issues are somehow inferior or wrong; it’s me saying that for me, in my situation, having S has sorted me right out.
- At least once a day, I look over at my gorgeous little mischief machine and think “oh my gawd, I made that!!” and with every day that passes, the more I know this is my doing, and nothing her father can take credit for. It’s a massive ego boost to see a child who is so happy, so sociable, so bloody amazing, and know that you might have had anything to do with it.
- Being a mother puts things into perspective in a way nothing else can (as far as I have experienced). The list of Important Things in my life has gone from being as long as my arm to very few items. As long as S has what she needs to be happy and healthy, the rest of it really doesn’t matter. (she said, wearing too-big jeans hanging around her bum, no make-up, hair not done, big grin plastered across her face). I don’t care if my nails have not been painted; none of my clothes fit me; I’ve not been underwear shopping for well over a year. My daughter is happy and since that’s Number One on my list, I don’t care about the rest of it!
Thanks for reading! If you’ve enjoyed reading this please share it with your friends using the buttons below!
Congratulations! It really is amazing to know we MADE them, isn't?! I have thought that so often! lol <br />I'm glad the award encouraged you. :)<br />After having met so many amazing mothers, I was surprised that there wasn't already an award recognizing them, so I decided to make one myself! <br />Have a great day.